Beet and Avocado Salad
Beets are an excellent way to stimulate your digestive track and fresh veggies provide a delicious source of fiber and nutrients. Beet and Avocado Salad made with ripe organic Avocados are high in healthy fat and minerals that provide a great energy boost. You may craft your own favorite dressing. I included two options below using yogurt or simply oil.
Beet and Avocado Salad Recipe for Two
- 3-4 Small beets, boiled or roasted with skins on (this can be done in advance)
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Salad greens – use any you like, including; fresh lettuce, spinach, arugula, purslane or chicory
- Tomatoes, green beans, carrots, red onion, radishes or any
- Other fresh veggies that you have on hand
- Fresh seasonal fruit – berries, peaches, apples, citrus, and pears are all great
Choose a Dressing
No Oil Creamy Dressing
1 cup Plain yogurt
1 T Grated Spanish onion
1 tsp Lemon juice
Chopped fresh tarragon
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
2 T Olive oil
2 T Lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Maple syrup
Put all ingredients in a small jar and shake vigorously until blended. Season and adjust measurements to your taste.
This recipe is great for Vata types.
So satisfying! Enjoy!